Careers at W.D. Matthews
Please see below for our current job listings. If none are available and if you feel like you’re a great fit for our team, please either fill out the application or submit your resume and cover letter by clicking the button below.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic / Shop Service Technician
- Concord, NH
- Salary: $16.00 to $22.00 /hour
The Equipment Mechanic / Shop Service Technician is responsible for timely repair to forklifts and various other equipment in the Concord, NH Shop Location. The equipment a Shop Service Technician is expected to maintain or repair includes, but is not limited to, gas, diesel, propane and electric powered forklifts as well as aerial lift and manlift equipment.
Shift- Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare equipment records and report both manually and on the computer
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance to light, medium, and heavy duty equipment
- Good mechanical aptitudes, knowledge of internal combustion engines, and the ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation required
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 2 years’ experience performing vehicle/equipment maintenance or possess auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school
- Proficient computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, Fleet Management Systems, and Email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly
- Must provide some small tools, tool allowance provided after 1 year of service
W.D. Matthews Machinery Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $22.00 /hour