Careers at W.D. Matthews
Please see below for our current job listings. If none are available and if you feel like you’re a great fit for our team, please either fill out the application or submit your resume and cover letter by clicking the button below.
Shipping and Receiving
- Auburn, ME
- Salary: $13.50 to $15.00 /hour
Shipping/Receiving personnel report directly to Parts Management and are responsible for packing, shipping and receiving inventory on a daily basis. The position will handle inventory in the form of forklift and aerial lift equipment parts and accessories. The job requires attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work based on the urgency of outgoing and incoming shipments. The candidate will work well as part of a team, consisting of Parts Manager, Parts Asst Manager as well as Parts Counter Staff and Company Management, though they should be able to work independently to accomplish tasks. This position will require extensive use of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Navision to track incoming and outgoing shipments and adjust inventory levels accordingly. The ideal applicant will have a high level of computer ability and be incredibly detail oriented to assure accurate shipments are made to meet the needs of our customers. The candidate will also work with representatives in other departments to answer questions about incoming shipments, back-orders and other issues related to parts inventory.
1. Pick and pack parts from on-screen and paper sales orders, transfer orders and picking lists.
2. Receive inventory from on-screen purchase orders and replenish physical inventory as needed from these shipments.
3. Conduct re-ship activity, receiving parts in to one side of the bench and shipping out on the other side of the bench with speed and accuracy.
4. Pick stock transfers to branch locations as well as service van locations on a weekly basis.
5. Track all back-order situations and missed shipments for communication to Parts Dept Staff.
6. Work with Parts Counter Staff routinely to solve issues and ensure accurate shipping is achieved.
7. Help to conduct physical inventory via cycle counting and conventional counting.
8. Maintain a working knowledge of inventory and inventory locations.
9. Maintain a clean and organized parts warehouse in day to day operations.
10. Drive Forklift to aid in receiving and loading inventory.11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Work closely with WDM management, sales staff and other departments.
2. Maintain a positive attitude and maintain a self-motivated drive for success.
3. Maintain good working relationships with coworkers and team members.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to understand, analyze and speak to others regarding the status of of inventory and inventory levels.
3. Strong computer skills are a must.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are critical to the job.
1. Must be physically capable of lifting up to 50lbs, bending, reaching and working physically.
2. Must be able to stand for long periods of time while conducting work.
Benefit Package Included – Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Holidays, LTD, STD, 401K and Medical Benefits.
WD Matthews Machinery Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.